Orange Magpies © Evann Siebens
Dancers in bright orange utilitarian jumpsuits move through the landscape of Vancouver, Canada. Fast, sharp editing, match-on-action techniques, multiple screens and a driving beat create a structural danced film. Projecting the dances through the cut-out mask of a neoclassical building (the Vancouver Art Gallery) is juxtaposed with the acknowledgement that these dances were shot on sites that are unceded and the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples, Squamish, Tsleil-Waututh, and Musqueam nations.
- STATUSESTATUS DEL PROGRAMAcompleted
- Production CompanyProductoraBurrard Arts Foundation (Canada)
- Production CompanyProductoraVancouver Art Gallery (Canada)
- DirectorDirectorEvann Siebens
- PRODUCTION YEARAÑO DE PRODUCCIÓN2019
- RECORDEDGRABACIÓNVancouver, Canada
- DANCE STYLEESTILO DE BAILEContemporary dance
- ComposerCompositorRadiohead: Remixed by modeselector
- Choreography byCoreógrafoJames Gnam
- Choreography byCoreógrafoVanessa Goodman
- SOURCE VIDEO/AUDIOFORMATO VÍDEO/AUDIO4K+ data recording / Stereo
More detailed information is only available for IMZ Members. Please log in to access all further information. Not a member yet? Check out all benefits of the IMZ Membership!